training General practice
training Contact us
What makes us different?
The Northern Deanery is a first choice option because we consistently deliver excellence in postgraduate dental training and career development. Choosing where you carry out your dental training, whatever stage of your career, is one of the biggest decisions you are likely to make. Not only must your programme offer you the best possible opportunities to learn and develop but your surroundings must make you happy.
Things that make us different
- We endeavour to give each and every one of our trainees a high quality experience through the personal support we offer you throughout your time with us.
- We treat you as an individual, and because we really listen to our trainees, we are able to tailor your educational plan to match your learning needs.
- We actively encourage our trainees to tell us about their experiences and each year we work hard to continuously improve the quality of your training.
- We carry out annual trainee surveys and every trainee has the opportunity to have an exit interview with the Postgraduate Dental Dean or his nominee. We are extremely proud of the friendly, personal service we offer, and the great feedback we get from our trainees makes us even prouder still!
- The quality of education and training we can offer you is our most important attribute as a deanery and our investment in our trainers and their training is essential to our success.
- Our state-of-the-art training facility, Bourne House, a dedicated dental education and training centre located in the heart of the region, is renowned as a centre of excellence and provides the opportunity to become part of a truly multi-professional dental team.
- Our unique geography: the most rural counties in England sit side by side with some of the most cosmopolitan cities in England. Our training programmes offer opportunities to experience both.
- We’ve tailored our training here at the Northern Deanery to help you achieve a good work/life balance in our fantastic region which boasts a unique geography. How many other training programmes enable you to finish a shift and catch a wave (no long daily commute stuck in traffic), hit the arrays of shops or dine out in great restaurants (and afford it – our cost of living is the lowest in the country) or go seal and whale watching (yes they are found off our coastline) in the evening...and still successfully complete your training programme.